Etherrider's Rambling Road

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hurricane Katrina comes Home!

Well yesterday was full of activity (to a certain extent). In amidst all the planning and perparation for Hurricane Katrina to move thru the state at work, I also had a mission to find 2 pieces for my 17 year old's costume for Dragon-Con (this labor day weekend)!

The closest place that I knew should have the pieces was out, but the owner said that another place not too far from my office did have what we were looking for. So I have to go by there today.

I was also supposed to bring a box of my military medals to go with the costume, but I forgot them. I hope I can get an excuse for that because last night, just after midnight the winds from Katrina snapped off the top of a sweetgum tree and flung it into the roof of my house. I couldn't get a clear view with the flashlight in the rain, but it appears that there was little to no damage. I will of course have to climb up on a ladder later today, but so far there is no leaking and no obvious signs of damage. So we made it out fairly lucky compared to most and I can thank the stars for that.

So I hope my daughter understands that I may have forgot to bring her something today since I was up for about 3-4 hours during the middle of the night trying to figure out if the house was damaged and clear away some of the debris. I may be a zombie today at work. All my co-workers should watch out...on second thought they should be okay as zombies eat brains and they are in slim pickings around here!!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger Sara said...

My older brother is going to Dragon-Con this weekend too. He goes every year. Last year he was the Maxx.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Sara said...

did your daughter see my brother? He had the Maxx with him again and he was the Scarecrow from the batman comics. hes a costume and mascot designer and hes very talented. :)

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Etherrider said...

TO Sara...I don't know if my daugther got to see your brother this year or not, but I remember him quite well from last year. I haven't got to speak at length with my daughter yet...see the rest of my post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home