Etherrider's Rambling Road

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Hurricane relief

I haven't been able to update the blog (the one that I just started BTW) recently. Things have been hectic around here trying to undertake actions for hurricane relief. It is hard to keep up with all the information and people doing this and that.

We are getting ready to deploy to South Alabama and take over a medical needs shelter there. We will be caring for those on O2 and other special needs that don't need to be in a hospital. While we are moving south to do that, our home area is getting an old military fort ready to take on long-term evacuees. We are planning to let Ft. McClellan take on about 2500-5000 people take refuge there. Plans are being made with local school systems to take on any children and other things like that.

I got a little down-time over the long weekend, but I tried to make sure I had taken care of everything around the house prior to leaving. Spent a little time with family and such.

I hope to get in an update on this every few days, but I won't know for sure about the time period I am being deployed since I can't ensure internet connections and all. But I will try and get something posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home